A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business. It can inaugurate a business’s first day of business, or it can take place weeks or months after the business’s soft opening. It can also celebrate an anniversary of the business years after operations have begun. Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’s history, this is also a great photo opportunity. In addition, you may take this opportunity to publicly thank your financial backers, employees, friends, and family and/or business partners. All of the services described below are free of charge for members of the Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce.
- We provide the creation of an advertising flyer sent via email to our Chamber Board of Directors, our Chamber Membership Committee members, local officials and media outlets.
- We post your Ribbon Cutting on our Facebook Events Calendar and on our official Chamber website.
- We provide the ribbon, bow and our extra-large scissors for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
- We arrive at your location early to assist you in conducting your Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
- A representative from the Chamber will participate in the ribbon cutting ceremony and be included in the photos.
- We post the photos to our Facebook page and include them in our monthly newsletter, The Chamber Connection. This publication is included in the Sun-Gazette on the first Monday of each month.
Please submit your information below to learn more about how your business may host a ribbon cutting ceremony and all of the benefits the Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce has to offer.